Version Notes For v3.0b
Updated on: 2007-08-17 05:20:00 EST by MBchrono (View Zip Contents
BulletTime v3.0b Notes
- Added in Anti-Cheat. This should protect against people exploting to hurt the server. Client side commands are not protected against, but they are not harmful, and most are disabled the second cheats is turned off.
- Added Anti-Cheat enable/disable in the general administration menu.
- Updated bullettime_config.cfg. Fixed a few typos, and added mb_anticheat for people who want to disable the feature.
- Added a phys_timescale option for servers that want it, and may not know about it otherwise.
- Updated some messages and fixed a couple typos.
- Round will correctly restart when you load BulletTime.
- Fixed a small mistake that would set a person's kill streak to 5 when they first joined no matter what you set it in cfg.
- Added an optional message during a 1v1 contest showing the outcome.
------------------------------------------------------------BulletTime v3.0a Notes
- Added messages to the following:
Headshot BulletTime trigger now displays name of person who scored headshot and who got shot.
Admin who performing the !start_bullettime command
Admin who changed a BulletTime trigger via menu.
------------------------------------------------------------BulletTime v3.0 NotesAbout:
I have been wanting to upgrade this mod for awhile now, so I finally took some time to add some new
unique features and upgrade the badly outdated help system.Q:
Why did you go from v2.1 all the way up to v3.0?A:
The main reason is because I wrote it and I can call it whatever I want! Code:
- Rewritten for Eventscripts 1.5.
- Slower servers may notice an increase in BulletTime activation speed.New BulletTime Events:
- Added 1v1 BulletTime. BulletTime will be activated when a 1v1 contest has ended.Cinematic BulletTime:
- Cinematic BulletTime. When this mode is activated, all other triggers are deactivated. The condtions in which BulletTime is activated are constantly changing using a combination of all previous events, and a few new ones. This gives the mod a more cinematic feel. You will never know when BulletTime will activate. Cinematic BulletTime will usually only activate when there is some sort of action going on. It should not activate when people are just running around doing nothing.Additions and Tweaks:
- The badly outdated BulletTime help is now menu driven. You can get general information
bout the mod, what triggers are currently activated, features help, mod download locations, and more.
- Kill streak trigger will not reset when you reach the required kill to enable bullet time. The
streak interval will remain the same, however it will track kills passed the required amount.
- Many new configuration options in bullet_time.cfg. Some new toggles include BulletTime slowdown
speed, auth provider setup, 1v1 BulletTime config, Cinematic BulletTime and more.Bug Fixes:
- Kill streak counter will no longer increase with team kills, or by suicides. (Sorry stupid mistake!)
- Multiple bullet time triggers fired during the same time will no longer cancel each other out.
- BulletTime is now fully compatible with LAN servers.Commands:
- Added command "!start_bullettime". This is the main command that the mod uses to activate
BulletTime. If you load an auth provider, it can also be used by set admins in console.
Syntax: !start_bullettime [Play Sound] [Enable Tracers] [BulletTime Speed]
For a list of examples, look below.
- Added command "!disable_bullettime". This will stop all forms of BulletTime and disable tracers.
- Added command "!btadmin". This will bring up an admin menu. From here you can enable/disable
BulletTime triggers, toggle options, and even change tracer color.
- !enable_bullettime 5
That would enable BulletTime for 5 seconds.
- !enable_bullettime 5 1
That would enable BulletTime for 5 seconds, and play the BulletTime sound. If you use a value
lower than 3, the exit sound will not play, only the enter sound.
- !enable_bullettime 5 1 1
That would enable BulletTime for 5 seconds, play the BulletTime sound, and enable tracer fire during BulletTime.
- !enable_bullettime 5 1 1 .2
That would enable BulletTime for 5 seconds, play the BulletTime sound, enable tracer fire during BulletTime, and set
the BulletTime speed to .2 (or 1/5th real time speed). If you do not supply a [BulletTime Speed] argument, the speed
you set in bullettime_config.cfg (mb_bullettime_speed) will be used. You must also enter a value greater than 0, but less
- You don't have to use certain options if you don't want. If you wanted to enable BulletTime for 10 seconds, enable tracers,
don't play sounds, and set the speed of BulletTime to .5, you would do the following:
!start_bullettime 10 0 1 .5Auth Power Permissions:
If you use an auth provider that allows specific group/power permission, below is a list of the power permissions that can be
given to admins. If you are using basic_auth (Recommended for most servers running BulletTime, because it is easy to setup),
then you do not need to use these power names.
allow_btadmin (Allows the player to open the admin menu to change BulletTime options)
start_bullettime (Allows players to use the !start_bullettime command)
end_bullettime (Allows players to stop all forms of activated BulletTime by using !disable_bullettime)
( Previous Versions )